Rabbits and young pups are sometimes found to have chewed through an electrical cord resulting in self electrocution.

You may or may not see wounds on your pets lips or mouth as a result of electrocution. Your pet may seem to have had no negative effects from the electrocution, however we recommend immediate veterinary care as the onset of pulmonary damage may take 12-24 hours.

It is best to seek immediate veterinary care so that should any breathing difficulty develops, it can immediately be addressed in a controlled professional environment.

Text Us

Enter your mobile phone number below, and someone from Animal Emergency Center will respond with a text to your phone right away.

Don't worry - you can opt-out by texting STOP when you don't want to receive any more texts from us.